Wednesday, February 24, 2010

lazy weekend.





I want it to be Spring! I want to go camping in Colorado and ride my bike and smell like sunscreen and slurp popsicles and eat at every Vietnamese restaurant on Classen!



My roommates were gone this past weekend and I had an empty house all to myself.

Somewhere between sprawling out on the couch to watch a zillion episodes of The West Wing (I am totally obsessed. How can I weezle my way into the White House?) while making a huge,unconscientious mess baking Cinnamon Sugar Banana Nut Bread (recipe here - add pecans, mini chocolate chips work best) and listening to Pete Yorn + Scarlett Johansson full blast (eh, it's an alright duo), I was reminded of a Sex and the City episode where Carrie's grappling with the decision to move in with Aiden...

There's this loveable line where she talks about the quirky things she does when alone in her apartment - eating stacks of saltine crackers with jelly while standing up in the kitchen reading fashion magazines.

It was definitely a stacks of saltine crackers weekend where I reveled in being 23 and independent and weird.






Oh books, they make you crave adventure.
Just finished reading about hot North African sand in The Sheltering Sky and now due to reading Pillars of the Earth (thanks to my Christmas present from Paige!) I'm on to wanting to visit every ancient and obscure cathedral in Europe. Seriously, I really want to go to Morocco and I love old buildings.

Making my bed every morning makes me happier, more productive. It really is the little things.

Profiles on Tina Fey and Timothy Geithner in Vogue - I love it when magazine interviews aren't boring and repetitive.

I've come to the conclusion that being bored is not becoming to me.

To be interesting, be interested.

And did I mention I love The West Wing. So smart! I'm actually excited about the health care debate Thursday.

Joannie Rochette's figure skating performance - now that's what the Olympics are all about. Even Scott Hamilton choked up.