Sunday, August 29, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
|I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.|
|I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.|
(The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, T.S. Eliot)
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Thursday, August 12, 2010
1. picking out a greeting card at the drugstore or Hallmark.
2. deciding what restaurant to eat at when someone else is footing the bill and gives you complete choice control.
Also, I just finished reading The Wild Trees, which is all about the amazing insanity of Redwood trees and the people that explore them. Next decision: become a botanist?
But seriously, this book was like a spiritual experience for me.
Monday, August 9, 2010
out on my skateboard the night is just hummin'/and the gum smacks are the pulse i'll follow if my walkman fades
Pavement, Range Life.
But Will It Make You Happy?
I would take the couple in this article with a strong dose of moderation.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
1. Finish Catch-22.
2. Listen to Arcade Fire's Funeral and Neon Bible albums ad nauseaum, before streaming The Suburbs.
3. Run Lake Hefner.
4. No Diet Coke. (Oh, already failed...)
5. Keep car clean. I am the queen of the cup holder as far as letting a collection of cups stack up to the ceiling. But I also tend to think sloppy cars signal an unbalanced life, so it's just something I want to try and stay on top of.
6. Make at least one Ina Garten recipe. (WWBFCD, What Would The Barefoot Contessa Do?)
The Arcade Fire has been the wisest investment so far. Every song is a sweeping masterpiece that takes you so far outside of yourself.
Kori and I celebrated Big Truck Taco's first anniversary with free tacos. As an added bonus, as we were leaving this fairy godmother of a woman filled a huge sack with popsicles for us to take home, the flavors are cookies and cream, mango, pecan, watermelon - basically, bliss.
And I'm just beginning to appreciate the rare opportunity of getting to live with my longtime friends. Especially when Colby and Kori humor me when I inhale to much champagne during the season finale of The Bachelorette. Unconditional love I tell ya.
Love Story: the movie that has most inspired me style-wise. You really have to watch the whole movie to get the effect of Ali MacGraw and her effortless look, but the snow scenes are definitely my favorite.
...this post is all in tribute to the premier of the Rachel Zoe Project tonight, the woman has such a bizarre existance it's hard to resist.
The world's best dressed of 2010, according to Vanity Fair.
A blog devoted to Claudia from the Babysitter's Club series, totally an early style icon of mine. In fact, I think there really is an entire Babysitter's Club floral legging era aesthetic.
A look at the iconic girl bedrooms in memorable teen movies.
And speaking of style icons, Betsey Johnson designs the Plaza Hotel's bedroom homage to the ultimate diva, Eloise. A little too pink and pricey for me, but I like the pairing.