Thursday, February 24, 2011

where we slept in cuzco.




Oh, Ecopackers.
Winner of, hands down, the most comfortable beds.
Also winner of loudest stay: thumping techno music and a fuzzball table conveniently located just outside our room, especially beloved by a gang of Brazilian teenage boys into the early morning despite signs cutting them off at 10pm.

One such morning I looked over at Walker's bed to see a kitty where his sleeping form should have been. For about five seconds my heart stopped and I literally believed that Walker had turned into a cat.
I remember having enough time to run scenarios through my head, asking myself how the heck I was going to deal with this. I began shouting his name and the real Walker emerged from the bathroom, bemused by his girlfriend and the sneaky hostel cat.