Friday, February 18, 2011

rosalita.





I'm really loving the Will Ryman Park Avenue rose-y art installation - it's unapologetic, cartoonish, out-of-season, huge and colorful. Like one giant Valentine.

Plus, I love roses. And city art installations.

It puts a city and human scale into perspective and, most importantly, how could you help but not smile.



On the subject of things that jar you out of your day-to-day tunnel vision...
The past month has really been a wake-up call to how short and precious life is.
I'm trying to count my blessings more.
Let go of the crap I let bother me.
Worry less.
Go after what I really want. Do what I want. Believe you can have the life you want. Be the kind of person you want to be.
Love people.
And I mean this in the most un-cheesy way possible, but stop and smell the roses.



Rosalita, Bruce Springsteen.