Friday, January 28, 2011

state of the union.


This is Walker's story, but I'm re-telling it to further my own political agenda.



He was in between classes in Norman and decided to grab some food at the new Whataburger that just opened (ewww, I know. I try to warn him).

An older lady was sitting in a booth behind him and came over to ask what burger he'd ordered, as she didn't think she'd ordered the right thing.
He told her, she re-ordered and came over to inform him that they still hadn't gotten it quite right.
They both agreed that all the employees were new and still getting used to things.
"So, you've worked," she asked.
When Walker replied yes, she said, "You know whose never worked? Obama's never worked."
When Walker told her that he'd actually voted for Obama and believed he'd worked as a professor the lady told Walker that being a professor wasn't a real job, they don't do anything.
When Walker told her he currently works for professors and is studying to be one, she replied...
"Well, at least you're polite."



Walker felt that she was lonely and just wanted someone to talk to. He felt guilty for not talking to her more.

I, on the other hand, instantly despised the little old lady.
...but I really am trying to be a better person and not let this type of thinking get to me.