Tuesday, August 3, 2010

cure-all.

I tend to make mini, non-serious goals per week, especially helpful when I'm feeling blue and am wanting to keep my mind from dwelling on things. Stay busy, the best remedy.


1. Finish Catch-22.
2. Listen to Arcade Fire's Funeral and Neon Bible albums ad nauseaum, before streaming The Suburbs.
3. Run Lake Hefner.
4. No Diet Coke. (Oh, already failed...)
5. Keep car clean. I am the queen of the cup holder as far as letting a collection of cups stack up to the ceiling. But I also tend to think sloppy cars signal an unbalanced life, so it's just something I want to try and stay on top of.
6. Make at least one Ina Garten recipe. (WWBFCD, What Would The Barefoot Contessa Do?)





The Arcade Fire has been the wisest investment so far. Every song is a sweeping masterpiece that takes you so far outside of yourself.



Kori and I celebrated Big Truck Taco's first anniversary with free tacos. As an added bonus, as we were leaving this fairy godmother of a woman filled a huge sack with popsicles for us to take home, the flavors are cookies and cream, mango, pecan, watermelon - basically, bliss.

And I'm just beginning to appreciate the rare opportunity of getting to live with my longtime friends. Especially when Colby and Kori humor me when I inhale to much champagne during the season finale of The Bachelorette. Unconditional love I tell ya.