Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010.






Necklace completely designed and made by Meg.
Pretty much the neatest thing ever. I'm in awe of my sister. And miss her already.



Okay, so I finished the true story Where Men Win Glory: the Odyssey of Pat Tillman (wish it had a better title) and came to the conclusion that it should be required reading for every, single American.
Never have I been so heartbroken, angry, aghast, disturbed, helpless, scared, humbled and deeply depressed in the throes of reading something - and never have I closed the back cover of a book feeling so passionate about politics and about humanity. A lot of emotion that I'm not quite sure how to channel into something positive and productive yet.
But seriously, Pat Tilman is one of those classic, deeply complex Krakauer characters that make you reexamine your own life. What happened to him, and arguably Afghanistan at the expense of Iraq, in the hands of U.S. military and political leaders will make you, should make you, scream.



One of my best friends in the entire world, since the 6th grade - Michelle Renee Worden - is engaged!
I remember a wise man, Wil Norton, once said whoever married Michelle would be the luckiest guy, because he'd get to have so much fun for-ev-er. So true.
My favorite couple - Skylar Anderson and Meredith Roskamp - also got engaged!
Pretty much, I'm so happy for everyone.