Sunday, March 20, 2011

sprung.
















So when do you get to the point where you no longer feel you're on the educational system time table, because the entire past week felt like Spring Break even if I didn't take a break from work or go anywhere.
I totally let go: skipped spin classes, ate warm fluffy doughnuts after sleeping-in too late, reorganized my room, adopted a mint plant, etc.

I also got an iPhone (if you knew my previous phone, you'll recognize this as a major step in my life) which I'm pretty much obsessed with. Thus, I decided to document my "not a Spring Break Spring Break" via the iPhone camera. Don't worry, it's only a matter of time before I download hipstamatic.

- My first trip to the dog park! We took Walker's dogs Remy and Schilo and met up with some friends and their dogs: Winston, Kira and the hilarious bulldog appropriately named Higgins.
- We won Lost Ogle Trivia Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I finished Nick Flynn's Another Bullshit Night In Suck City. Highly, highly recommend.
- We celebrated St. Patrick's Day at the fun Midtown McNellie's street party. Note to self, invest in a green outfit.
- Walker's Mom took us to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art to see the extremely interesting George Nelson furniture exhibit (hello Meg!), as well as a last look at the Chihuly collection before it's closed a year for restoration.
- Christa's Wedding Day - mimosa brunch and beautiful reception at the Harn Homestead.
- We made the mistake of seeing Riding Hood. Avoid it at all costs. But do stock up on old-fashioned candy from Pinkitzel beforehand, the gummy soda bottles and soda pandas are always a classic.
- Walker and I competed against each other in a cupcake-making contest, judged by the one and only Colby Wedel and her refined palette. Walker made cupcakes that revolved around a corn theme and I made chocolate cherry cupcakes with a chocolate ganache inspired by this recipe by the one and only Pioneer Woman - I'm sure it's hard to guess who won.
- Colby let me tag along with her to a couple of free Barre3 classes and, as she promised, I'm addicted.
- I listened to Josh Rouse's Subtítulo ad nausem, there always seems to be a perfect album to pair with every year's blooming red bud tree season.




p.s.
Starting today I'm promising one post every morning, Monday through Friday. I need to get myself on some sort of schedule.