Monday, March 7, 2011

world news.

The lane next over is always faster
And you wait so long until you're so bothered
But right after you complete your merge
The lane you started in gets going
And while you wait for your luck to change
All you can think of is where you started

You don't like anything on local radio
So you fumble around 'til you land on NPR
And listen to world news

Well, a bomb went off in the parking lot
Of a newly opened sunni marketplace
And a cloud covers your car at just the right time
For you to see the dark on your face
in the mirror

(Local Natives, World News).
...a band I thought I didn't like, but it turns out I really do.




Also, I've always liked The Black Keys, but I just decided that they're really, really, really good.

My dream apartment is the one in Taylor Swift's Back To December video. Bike in the living room and clawfoot bathtub.

Okay, read this: Giving Life After Death Row.

Splurged on a Votivo Red Currant candle. So worth it.

Watched Waiting For Superman. Which was an impromptu rental from Redbox, such an unlikely source for documentaries.
Gives you a lot of food for thought. Some particularly riveting moments and some not so much. Would love to hear the opinion of a teacher.
But god, some things really need fixing.

Due to a very, very generous gift he just couldn't turn down, Walker now drives a Hummer. An H3 to be exact, thank goodness it's not an H2. No I'm not joking. Listen closely to hear my soul screaming from the passenger seat.