Wednesday, October 13, 2010

martha.












I adore Halloween:

I think it, more than any other holiday or dinner party, highlights the true genius and range of Martha Stewart. I always eagerly anticipate the Halloween themed issue of her magazine. See the images above? I just can't get enough. You get the feeling she'd much rather be dabbling with evil than making cream puff doily holders.
(Last year's Halloween episode of Martha and Blake Lively baking found here).

Hocus Pocus.

Nightmare Before Christmas.

There was this house in Fox Lake that would always give out a lunchbox sized bag of Dorito's Cooler Ranch with a Capri Sun. And it was by far the number one neighborhood target to hit on Halloween night.
That's definitely an adult goal in life: be known far and wide as the best house to go to trick-or-treat. We're talking full size candy bars.

Meg, Casey and I would always sort our candy into piles spanning the living room floor so we could make trades. Three mini Snickers bars for two fun-sized Skittles. An abandoned pile of Tootsie Rolls.

The Reese's Cups commercials with fang marks in the chocolate.

The ever-agonizing decision over what to be!!!?! I don't think I've ever had a home run moment with a costume and I'd like to change that.