Thursday, October 21, 2010

imagination.




Yesterday, I saw SUFJAN in Dallas.
w/ my soul MATE.
who I got to blissfully talk to for hours of uninterrupted car time.
and we ate a hot dog (w/ relish) and the coveted coconut custard at Wild About Harry's w/ NATE.
and then we got lost and I ate too many Twizzlers on the way home.

Anyway, it was an awesome, beautiful, emotional, technofolk experiment of a show that I feel so satisfied to have experienced.
Of course the guy is multi-talented. There's always been something so heavy and sad about such alive, transcendent music.

I feel like the show reminded me of the importance of going through life with an imagination. Like what Spike Jonze's Where The Wild Things Are was supposed to do, but somehow just didn't.







When I die, when I die
I'll rot

But when I live, when I live
I'll give it all I've got



p.s. Favorite Sufjan song is still Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing. Circa Christmas Album.