Tuesday, July 27, 2010

i did it! i conquered my bibliophile everest!



I FINISHED READING WAR AND PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was one of the most modern books I've ever read despite being set against the Napoleonic Wars. Timeless. And Tolstoy's impeccable, beautiful character descriptions.






This has been a goal of mine for a long time. Ever since my extremely well-read Aunt Barb lauded it as her all-time favorite and after I was so enchanted by the less intimidating Anna Karenina. And it was totally worth it once I got all of the characters straight...

Count Pyotr Kirillovich (Pierre) Bezukhov
Prince Andrei Nikolayevich Bolkonsky
Princess Maria Nikolayevna Bolkonskaya
Count Ilya Andreyevich Rostov
Countess Natalya Rostova
Countess Natalia Ilyinichna (Natasha) Rostova
Count Nikolai Ilyich Rostov
Sofia Alexandrovna (Sonya) Rostova
Countess Vera Ilyinichna Rostova
Pyotr Ilyich (Petya) Rostov
Prince Vasily Sergeyevich Kuragin
Princess Elena Vasilyevna (Hélène) Kuragina
Prince Anatol Vasilyevich Kuragin
Prince Ipolit Vasilyevich
Prince Boris Drubetskoy
Princess Anna Mikhailovna Drubetskoya
Fyodor Ivanovich Dolokhov
Adolf Karlovich Berg
Anna Pavlovna Sherer
Maria Dmitryevna Akhrosimova
Amalia Evgenyevna Bourienne
Vasily Dmitrich Denisov
Platon Krataev
Napoleon I of France
General Mikhail Ilarionovich Kutuzov
Osip Bazdeyev
Tsar Alexander I of Russia

...now get me a Chelsea Handler book. Stat.