Sunday, July 5, 2009

Scottie Dogs.





My favorite president is FDR.
He's kinda my go-to guy as to why I consider myself a government loving Democrat.
So it's fitting that my favorite, favorite monument is the FDR memorial, which is essentially its own park affronting the Potomac. 

To put this into context, every monument I've seen in DC has been architecturally stunning, restrained instead of cheesy and incredibly moving. Plus I'm a sucker for being moved by these types of things.

But his quotes are as epic as his presidency. Especially relevant in an economic downturn. And made all the more awesome carved into stone and surrounded by waterfalls.





"Franklin's illness gave him strength and courage he had not had before. He had to think out the fundamentals of living and learn the greatest of all lessons - infinite patience and never-ending persistence."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.