Sunday, September 18, 2011

sushi samba.


Craving:
- motorcycle boots.
- perfect carry-all.
- sushi.


When it comes to being a culinary adventurer, Walker Ilovecheesepizza Robins has me beat in the sushi department.
He'll order crazy rolls topped with eel sauce - while what I crave is straight philly rolls. I try to push myself to order one "edgier" roll, but really all I want is that salmon, cream cheese, and asparagus combo.

...the small part of me that believes I have what it takes to hang with Anthony Bourdain cries tears of shame every time I order.



p.s.
Future career goals include:
a) Being able to afford Madewell.
b) Being able to afford sushi.

p.p.s.
I was just discussing this the other day - that 20-something women waste a lot of effort and energy on wanting things that they can't afford yet (home decor, wardrobe, etc.) - if ever. Which might explain the popularity of Pinterest...
The observation hit home a little more than I'd like to admit. I don't want to define these years (or my life) as wanting things I can't/don't have. A perpetual state of want - no thanks.
To quote Sheryl Crowe - it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.