Thursday, March 4, 2010

perfumed.






Something I keep internally reprimanding myself for are my elevator manners.

Despite telling myself to smile, say good morning, look people in the face - I somehow always manage to avert my eyes to the blackberry, mumble the floor I need and do the awkward dance of who gets off first.
I am on an elevator (of dubious safety conditions) at least 6 times a day if not more, so this is getting pretty tired.



That's why when I got on with a woman who warmly asked me what perfume I was wearing and gushed about Jo Malone with me all the way up 21 floors, it made my day.


I've been strictly a Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue girl for a long time (see blog title).
But recently I purchased Jo Malone's Honeysuckle & Jasmine, partly due to my love of that pure honeysuckle scent stuck in a summer breeze and partly due to the simplistic, straight forward Jo Malone design concept.
With it I got two samples: Grapefruit and Pomegranate Noir.

The Pomegranate Noir is what the woman in the elevator noticed and I am obsessed. I probably sniff my own wrists about a hundred times throughout the day when I put it on. I really hope I'm not becoming the walking, talking, Jo Malone equivalent of an Abercrombie & Fitch store.

I'm also in love with Burt's Bees body oil because it smells exactly like lemon, my #2 favorite scent (again, see blog title).




Other great smells:

Movie Theatre Popcorn.
Pinon Wood that instantly recalls Snowmass, Colorado.
Rain.
Roses.
Bacon - a smell my roommates know all to well, because right now I average 1-2 BLTs served on an english muffin per day.
Old Spice.
The sugar cookie smell of Michelle Worden's house growing up.
Aqua Velva.
Cinnamon.
Clean, warm laundry.
The Elizabeth Arden/Erin Lauder scent that clings to everything from my Grandmother's house.