Sunday, October 2, 2011

whether i shall turn out to be the hero of my own life.


I had my first pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks this morning.
Even though I love all things pumpkin, I've resisted the urge. Just like I don't want to be the girl at the bar ordering the super girly drink, I don't want to be taken as a "frou frou' coffee drinker.

However, it was delicious. Fall in a to-go cup. And further proof that I will be attempting to cling to October with all of my might.
Remember when "I Go Out Of My Way To Step On A Particularly Crunchy Leaf" was like the most popular facebook group to be a part of? I want the crisp mornings and latte sips to be more than a potential blog post. I want to revel in the moments and be completely present. I will not let this month zoom by.




p.s. There was a great scene from Boardwalk Empire tonight where the opening lines of Charles Dickens' David Copperfield were read aloud:

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.