Thursday, September 2, 2010

never was a cornflake girl. thought that was a good solution. hanging with the raisin girls.





When I look back at this period of my life I hope I refer to it as the "Cereal Period."

I literally go through three bowls of Kellog's cornflakes per day.

And I can't help but wonder if this has some sort of greater significance, because I've never been much of cereal person before this. In fact, I distinctly remember coming home from Australia and craving cereal for the first time in years.
And cereal does seem fitting for taking my sweet time, easing and sometimes resisting transition, having my bike stolen, dealing with rejection, the perfect meal after a particularly grueling spin class, attempting to divine the meaning of life from Gilmore Girls episodes and generally feeling puzzled by the way the world seems to work and my attempts at shaping my own destiny.





Cornflake Girl, Tori Amos.