Sunday, April 26, 2009

Take Me To The End So I Can See The Start.


Right now I am:
Drowning in too much stuff to do. Because I'm committed to ending on a strong note.
Nostalgic. But pushing it to the back of my mind in order to take full advantage of every part of my undergraduate lifestyle.
Phi Beta Kappa. How did that happen?
Officially a Theta alum. How did that happen?
Reading Barbara Kingsolver's Prodigal Summer.
Listening to Ingrid Michaelson's Die Alone and the entire She & Him album, especially I Was Made For You.

Immediately after graduation:
Home for a teeny tiny bit where I will take full advantage of suburbia swimming pools, homemade mojitos and MY SISTERS!!!

And then:
I move to Washington D.C.
Which was totally freaking me out to the point where I didn't even want to talk about it. Logistics and realities can be overwhelming.
But after finally accepting the google group invite for Center for American Progress - I am so excited! Summer in the city, perfect political timing, creative work I'm interested in and kickball games against the Heritage Foundation...

And then, then:
Who knows? Which is...scary/crazy/cool.



So maybe I still have trouble putting together power points, but here are a few cliched statements I've found to be true about life so far:

Everything worth anything takes time. For me, it takes a lot of time. A lot.

Take classes that you're interested in. That way, school's not as torturous. 

Bloom where you're planted.

Comparison is the thief of all joy.

Don't make someone a priority if they only make you an option.

Don't stress, just do.

When people say they don't have the time to read, watch television, run, etc. what they really mean is they don't make time for it. The way you spend your time should reflect what's important to you.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE.

And think not you can direct the course of love...
Meaning: any manipulations or efforts on your part to try and win affection or love are worthless and a complete waste of time. It just happens. 

60 percent of life is obligation.

Show up.

It'll be okay.

Kick ass. Take names.
Courtesy of my Dad.

Pictures, resumes, etc. can never truly capture who you are, because you are beauty in motion.
Courtesy of my Mom. Moms are the greatest.

The greatest gift you can give someone is your undivided and attentive time.

Keep things in perspective. Count your blessings.