Monday, April 6, 2009

Keep In Mind.







Quotable things some of my best friends in the world have said in the past that I've been trying to keep at the forefront of my mind lately:

Whitney Caldwell:
"I've just always been really excited about not living a normal life."

Beth Hewitt on her summer goal for working with a youth group in South Carolina:
To treat every single person as worthwhile: worth her time, attention, etc.
The greatest gift you can give someone is your time.




It seems like a lot of things from my life are resurfacing.
Like Coldplay's X&Y album.
Which I listened to nonstop the summer before college.
I read the infamous New York Times article, "Case Against Coldplay." And I totally agreed with it. Except that it failed to see the power in Coldplay's simplicity and gracefulness.
Which is why I think X&Y is so emotionally evocative for me. Rarely can I listen to it without tearing up.
Weird that it's found it's way back into my car's CD player (still can't bring myself to buy an iPod adapter) just when college is about to end.

Easter weekend means a friendship reunion that I've missed so much in my life lately. 
Can't wait.

Suddenly I'm not so comfortable with leaving Norman.
Weird to realize you consider a place your home. It snuck up on you, into your heart.

Development economics: Trade over aid.





Diet Dr. Pepper.
Bruce Springsteen's Tunnel of Love and his lyrics to Dancing In the Dark
The Joy Formiddable.
Nico Stai. Especially, You Came Around. SO GOOD.
Casey Jarma's hugs.
Meg in Peru.
Peanut butter on toasted english muffins.
A roadtrip with a Ryan Adams soundtrack.
Fields of sunflowers.

Please warm up Oklahoma. I want to wear my sandals.