Monday, January 30, 2012

covet.







I've become obsessed with The Covetur lately.
I love the little personal details of homes.

But you want to talk about real obsession? Like really, really, really sickly obsessed: fashion moms paired with their cute kids. Can't. Stop. Myself.

other obsessions as of late:
Quinoa! Maybe I'm late to the game, but it's soooo good (and good for you).
F.N.T. by Semisonic.
Dateline.



p.s.
I was pretty down last weekend. (Yeah, thanks a lot law school).
But there's also nothing like realizing how good you have it in the midst of being down - courtesy of my Torts case book:

Testimony revealed Helen’s persistent emotional and mental disturbance is evidenced by bed wetting, nightmares, refusing to sleep alone, withdrawal, and speech impediments.
She was burned over 40 % of her body, 3rd degree burns cover 80% of her scalp. She was hospitalized for 28 days, where she developed pneumonia, fever, vomiting, diarrhea, infection, required numerous transfusions, underwent skin grafts, Keloid scarring, her fingers adhered together, scarring bent her arm at the elbow, scarring on her legs impaired walking. The stretching and pulling of scar tissue will continue to cause severe pain and limit her motion. There will be renewed pain, risks, and trauma from the 27 surgeries awaiting her.
She will be deprived a normal social life, and will never find a husband and raise a family. She will be subjected to stares, rejection, and tactless inquiries. Her injuries will prevent her from earning a living for the rest of her life.
(Anderson v. Sears, Roebuck & Co.)

Cue all the usual emotions:
Happy.
Grateful.
Boyfriend.
Family.
Friends.
Don't waste any more time.
Every single second.
I love my life.
I love the world.
I want to be a good person.

Sentiments that can be summed up by this quote from a glamorous Frenchie featured on IntoTheGloss.
This is how I handle law school, damn the consequence:
The thing I know, it is important to take care of yourself. (...) But to take care of yourself, you have to know what are your priorities, and not get too stressed about doing everything perfectly. You always have to think, ‘I’m healthy, people I like are healthy, I have not such a bad life.’